Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Teach Planning Reflection: Reflection 1


LaPrincia Garrett

Teach Planning Reflection



What was hard?

I think the most common thing that was hard, is having to think like a 5 year old while planning our activities. Brainstorming on how a young child will stay interested while having fun. This is probably hardest because im not around kids that much, and its been so long since i’ve been young. Also, I know this is the stage when the children are learning to listen, stay focused, and doing thing that are told to do. I know this is takes alot of patience. For me to have a low tolerance for children who don’t listen, this will be VERY HARD.


What did you like most?

The thing i liked most is actually facing one of my major fears. I’m NOT a nature type of

person in any way. By going through the “Forest walk” seeing nature and animals is not

something i would usually EVER do. But the fact that i got through was a great thing and a BIG

deal to me.
Working in groups in putting great minds together makes BRIGHT things happen. I

liked that move. “Team work makes the dream work” is my teaching MOTTO.


What did you like the most about the Facility?

I LOVED that what was being taught in the facility was obvious with all the neat

decorations. This was great to do with children and for Parents. Its important for Parents to know

what there child is learning, and it wasn’t hard to recognize. Also with these students being in the Psychological stage when they learn better with pictures, The postors and animal figures

were a great IDEA. Having the REAL animals was a BONUS too. That was something that

could keep the students interested in what they were learning.



How could you use this in the future?

I could use this in the future by planning with other teachers on doing fun learn activities.

Also i can become more open minded and being more open on things i wouldn’t normally do with

my students. Or just in life period.


No comments:

Post a Comment