Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Teaching Experience: Reflection 7


Teaching Experience


Before, I went out to go teach I was very nervous. I have never been the type of person who likes to be around big bunches of people; so, even having the imagination of having the audacity to speak in front of a big group of people made my heart drop.
When going to teach the students assigned to, I didn’t feel prepared at all. I was shook and felt like i was missing something; or I continued thinking of things i could do differently but was too late to prepare. Before teaching something i was excited about was, afterwards i could be able to say i taught somebody something. Since i am the youngest of all my mothers children, there isn’t anyone i can teach because everyone is above me in my knowledge. It’s also almost like i’m the only one who is being taught lessons.
The difficult things i faced was talking in front everyone and having all eyes on me. When talking out loud around many people, i tend to stutter and talk low and slow. After each sentence when speaking, it was like a drag to say the next sentence. But the good thing was i kept calm and got through. I didn’t have to change anything the day of the lesson, because everything was ready to go. Although my lesson was set, it was unfortunate that we couldn’t even get to the fun part.
Some of the classroom techniques that were used was the natural lighting. The blind were open with nothing but shining in; because we didn’t want the brain to fry. During bellwork time, the leading teacher did put calm music on to get into there own vibe to focus. While, teaching I accentuated the positive throughout the whole lesson, to keep the students going; because what i didn’t remember about middle school was we tend to give up really quickly. The aroma of the classroom had the scent of fresh air. Along with the natural lighting the windows were cracked to keep a refreshed atmosphere. The other techniques that were available wasn’t really necessary.
If was teaching this lesson again, i would make sure the reading part, was up to par with their reading level. By doing this next time, we could have a better flow of the lesson; because with the more challenging article, we didnt even get to read through the whole article. My students would have expressed their opinion rather more than listening the whole time. I noticed my students were getting bored with having to be quiet and listen for long periods of time. The students would have received small gifts for putting in effort. Receiving awards, could keep them going and make competition on getting the answers right with the other students hopefully.


No comments:

Post a Comment